What personal information does GSWT collect?
In the course of our business, GSWT may collect personal information about you that is necessary for us to perform our functions and activities. The types of personal information we may collect and hold may vary depending on the nature of our interaction with you and may include:
- identifying and contact information (such as name, address and telephone phone number); and
- if you are using our customer support feature on our website, your unique username and password and personal information provided in the recovery of your lost password.
- customers of GSWT;
- third parties providing a service to GSWT; and
- employees and contractors of GSWT.
How does GSWT collect personal information?
GSWT may collect your personal information in a number of ways including through our website. GSWT typically collects your personal information directly from you. On some occasions, GSWT may collect your personal information from third parties.
For what purposes does GSWT collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
In general, GSWT collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information for the following purposes:
- to carry out our functions and activities such as the development and operation of our waste-to-energy facility and conducting research and development;
- to manage our relationship with you and to contact you for follow up purposes;
- to verify and update personal information held by us;
- to recruit personnel;
- to review, develop and improve our functions and activities and business processes;
- to comply with legal or regulatory obligations; and
- for other purposes required or authorised by or under law, including purposes for which you have provided your express or implied consent.
Our functions and activities may change from time to time.
If you provide your email address, telephone and/or mobile phone number, you also consent to GSWT using your email address, telephone and/or mobile phone number to contact you (including by telephone call, SMS or email) for any of the above purposes.
For each visitor to our website, we also collect non-personally identifiable information including browser type, version and language, operating system, pages viewed while browsing the website, page access times and referring website address. This information is only used by GSWT internally for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic and trends and delivering personalised content to you while you are visiting our website.
To whom may GSWT disclose your personal information?
In order to carry out the above purposes, GSWT may disclose your personal information to:
- persons or organisations engaged by GSWT to assist GSWT in carrying out the above purposes such as service providers who handle customer support enquiries, process transactions and ship customer freight;
- our related bodies corporate;
- regulatory authorities; and
- parties involved in a prospective or actual transfer of our assets or business.
GSWT is unlikely to transfer your personal information overseas.
What happens if you don’t provide GSWT with your personal information?
If you do not provide personal information requested of you to GSWT, we may be unable to provide the products and services you or others request of us.
How does GSWT hold your personal information and manage the data quality and security of your personal information?
GSWT stores your personal information on servers located in Australia with access only available by password.
To the extent required by the Privacy Act, GSWT will take reasonable steps to:
- make sure that the personal information that we collect, hold, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date; and
- protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
GSWT will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information that is held which is no longer required, including under any contractual or legal requirement, is destroyed or de-identified in a secure manner.
GSWT may use your personal information to contact you (including by telephone call, SMS or email) in relation to products, services or other offers we think may be of interest to you. This may include the products, services and other offers of GSWT or third parties.
You may opt-out of receiving marketing information from GSWT at any time by contacting us using the contact details in the section below.
How can you access or correct your personal information and contact GSWT?
Please contact us if you would like to seek access to or request that we correct the personal information we hold about you:
- By mail: Attn: Privacy Officer, Great Southern Waste Technologies Pty Ltd, PO Box 4573, Dandenong South, VIC 3175, Australia
- By telephone: (03) 9376 3422
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
GSWT will generally provide you with access to your personal information if practicable, and will take reasonable steps to amend any personal information about you which is inaccurate or out of date. In some circumstances and in accordance with the Privacy Act, GSWT may not permit you access to your personal information, or may refuse to correct your personal information, in which case we will provide you reasons for this decision.
How GSWT handles complaints
If you have any concerns or complaints about the manner in which your personal information has been collected or handled by GSWT, please advise us of your concern or complaint in writing and send it to us using the contact details in the section above. Your concern or complaint will be considered or investigated and we will endeavour to respond to your complaint within 14 days.
It is our intention to use our best endeavours to resolve any complaint to your satisfaction. However, if you are unhappy with our response, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner who may investigate your complaint further.